Friday 24 April 2015

Sharing is Caring


          “I am writing for the #ShareTheLoad activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.”

“Love begins at home; love lives in homes, and that is why there is so much suffering and so much unhappiness in the world today...Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.”
-         - Blessed Mother Teresa

I was newly married then. Moving to a new city away from my parents, taking care of my dainty little house along with my grilling work timings, being convincing to all social commitments and together maintaining my cool was getting quite over the top and wasn’t to my capacity at all.

Being a human resource student myself, I was a pro in division of labour at work but things at home started getting awry. Stationed on such crucial crossroads where I was overtly frustrated, it was my hero-hubby who, without a word, understood my bubbling frustration and within no time started taking care of petty jobs which gave me space to loosen my muscles and gave me a relaxed environment to straighten out and channelize time, chores and its management.

Of course, not all are blessed and not that my hubby did Godzilla tasks at home. But even if it means running to buy forgotten groceries, taking out the trash can, washing dishes after a major cooking, hanging washed clothes etc just makes your day.    

Here are few tips for all the couples to smoothen out the creases and balance their responsibilities:

Ø  Communicate your expectations to each other and let the talk be on an understanding note. Go out for a coffee, sit in a jolly good ambience and discuss. The surrounding positivity affects the conversation and brings out fruitful results.

Ø  Be considerate to each other’s likes and dislikes. Like my hubby sometimes enjoys cooking and the mess clearance comes to me and I am a clean-o-freak so that settles the matter.

Ø  Remind each other of the upcoming things-to-do so (like for eg. Bank works, events, bill due dates, vehicle servicing, insurance etc) that serves us to be updated and schedule things accordingly.

Ø  Be flexible enough and give your spouse the freedom to do their tasks in their unique way.

Ø  Appreciate each other’s effort and stop harassing with words.

Ø  If for any reason your spouse fails to complete his / her chores, understand their situation. Help them out if any issues persist. Stop the blame game.

Ø  Some husbands view household chores to be a woman’s work. The upbringing makes him so. In such sensitive situations hire a help or else do the main stuff  by yourself and give him heavy, manly jobs. Blaming each other may worsen the situation and disturb your marital bliss. Remember never to be hard on yourself too.

Ø  Let your partner know about your day and how tiresome you feel at the end of it all. This is for him / her to realize the intensity of your work.

Ø  Lastly, love and respect each other’s responsibilities.

Nowadays, both husband and wife are equal bread-winners of the family. So, let not just one person be burdened.

Our children must be brought up in a loving, caring and understanding environment. Dominating your partner is no big achievement. It is a fool’s work. 

Make them participate as well. United we stand, divided we fall. 

Always remember, sharing is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured post

Until We Meet Again!

It was the last day in the city, the place where I grew up and her 1 st day at work. She came running down to bid her final lines of fa...