Tuesday 16 June 2020

Let Us Share...it is trending!

As a little boy, I was always showered with gifts like toy cars, bikes and guns. Meanwhile my sister happily played with her little kitchen set, crushing Marie biscuits, pretending to mother her dolls, bathe them, make little frocks out of leftover rags, basically and ethically, knowingly and unknowingly, had started preparing herself at a very early age.
She cleared up after we ate our family meals, kept everything organized and was always bang on with housekeeping. She could never stop running errands.

During summer vacations and holidays, come rain or shine, she wasn’t given the liberty to sleep long hours and got up early to assist Mummy while I slept until late mornings. She never snubbed and did everything willingly.

I remember the day; she was sweeping the floor when her friends came knocking at the door to call her out to play but Mummy made up some lame excuse. My sister was embarrassed when her friends caught her sweeping the floor from the open kitchen window. As usual, the eyewitness was lazing on the sofa, amidst the scene in action. It never occurred to me, to give her a helping hand back in those days. I only followed what was going on around me and it never appeared that it was entitled to me too.

Years passed, I realised this is no big deal. I can obviously cut vegetables, clean the room, make the bed, get decent groceries, make delicious fried rice and hands-down to laundry which, with utmost pride, is taken-over and rest assured it is done and dusted, without any goof-ups. My heartfelt thanks to Ariel and share the load punchline, has worked magic for many families. At the end of it all, happiness in the family puts everything right.   

I am a married man today, believe me, the charming wife is even more charmed with her husband’s hidden skills and surprising talents which are in progress of being discovered day after day. Nothing could be of more relief… than the thought of cutting down on my gym expenses, household chores keeps me fit as a fiddle. My family, especially my vampire sister (because she doesn’t seem to age – might get in trouble if I say more), is in a state of trance to see my becoming.

Yeah… but she is still the same, running around, juggling work-home-family, kind of cuts the mustard to the end and I am very proud of her becoming too, alright you can take it with a grain of salt. 😉  
Yes, the lockdown unlocked and illuminated immensely my family man side.

‘I will #ShareTheLoad and help in household chores in association with Ariel India and BlogAdda

#ShareTheLoad #ShareTheLaundry and #ShareChoresMultiplyLove





15 comments:

  1. Brilliant thoughts...perfectly worded...
    A thumbs up����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dearest for always pushing me to the better :)

      Delete
  2. Your brother is cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Message has been conveyed Ms. Anonymous :)

      Delete
  3. Cheerful and beautiful bonding of brother and sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking out time to read my blog :)

      Delete
  4. U penned down ur thoughts just beautifully.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a good one

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Featured post

Until We Meet Again!

It was the last day in the city, the place where I grew up and her 1 st day at work. She came running down to bid her final lines of fa...