Thursday 28 May 2020

It’s not Fair!


Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder” and for me beauty has always been inside-out because not everything is here to stay.     

I wouldn't call it love at first sight, but even in her demure self she was attractive. She had a sense of gentleness in her words, her smile was always welcoming, her bright-brown eyes were an ocean of emotions and never-ever she sulked, come what the questions put forth. Oh, how I adored her graceful walk! Her dainty, slim structure swayed so elegantly at every step, she took. Her wavy hair followed the rhythm of the wind and her million-dollar smile took my greys away.
Every time I spoke to her, somewhere, unknowingly brought us closer and I just went with the flow. Efforts to be around her were never infused because the universe arranged everything for me. It gave me all the moments in a platter, like one after another. Why shouldn’t I not savour and revel that came to me?
My heart didn’t give me a choice, just gave me feelings and I followed it.

I know my happiness is not dependant on anyone. It cannot be connected forever, it cannot be bound to anybody and its only ‘I’ who can keep myself happy. People thought, I was learning to be a little selfish while I was just sanely trying to be fine. Maybe, I was looking for love, my kind of love so I could give double the immense love, to my loved ones.

“You give, what you receive,” said someone very wise.

She gave me so much of it that I could never outrun her. She clandestinely became my happy place. The amount of sunshine she exuberated lightened up my hollows. I was comfortably comfortable in my own skin that even my wounds vanished. She had healing phoenix tears. I fell in for her in different ways, beyond words to explain. Sometimes I wanted to go back to those little fancy talks when we first met and relive them. She effortlessly descended in my heart and stayed, for how long, I don’t know. Her stark long silence gave me all the answers.

Few of them call me ‘not-straight’ and most of them label me ‘defect’. I believe, I am special like all the marvellous creations on this planet. I shall live several times to meet her again, to create many more memories to last a lifetime. 

#DedicatedToLGBT #Rights #Homosexuality   


20 comments:

  1. Quite captivating :)
    Good work anjana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waowww..
    Good write up Anjana 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was your Pen and Paper..! you always have a starting and ending touch, which always touches our inner soul and you have the God gifted creativity. Hats off to your new blog. "Dil se Salaam" #adorable #greatpresemtation #hearttouch #neverstopblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abin dearie, thank you so much for your encouraging words :)

      Delete
  4. I admired the way you started... WOW!
    Your topics are always interesting.
    I thoroughly enjoyed this😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, means a lot :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Impressive. Loved to read.. Keep it up dear. 😇

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written... I remember John Lennon's quote " It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, keep reading and God bless!!!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Featured post

Until We Meet Again!

It was the last day in the city, the place where I grew up and her 1 st day at work. She came running down to bid her final lines of fa...