Tuesday 9 October 2018

Am I your favourite day dream?



Our careful eyes accidentally met, you were sitting right across my table, shamelessly devouring your Christmas pie and in a fraction of seconds I was wandering down the memory lane. Honestly, any girl would have fallen in for those intoxicating eyes but apparently, I seem to be the only one who thought this way when my friends laughed their hearts out. Hail forever Mr. Plato, indeed, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder! 

Those feelings still smelled as fresh as a morning daisy, that excitement was brewing like hot coffee beans, and the aroma dawdled in the air.
My sixth sense, which hardly plays cupid with me somewhere struck on the right chords this time because of your ever-evident but stealthy and frequent glances at me. I am not oblivious, just that I don’t know how to react amidst everything.

You maintained a religious silence almost all your life. I have my doubts, was it even known and explored by your own soul? For once, accept that you had those magical feelings for me. I somehow feel it’s fair to confess likewise. Of course, you want to know about me, somewhere you found me very attractive in spite of, all the weird choice of words, actions, dresses and accessories, somewhere you thought life would have been livelier with me, somewhere you simply accepted what your loved ones settled you for and somewhere things are not working the right way, even when the world stands impressed with your decorum and achievements.     

Our teenage just flew, with us, giving priorities to different things. We caught up on social media often but never face-to-face. Was that so challenging? Yes, there’s a lot of brainstorming which seems to be unceasing. I have like a zillion questions to ask you. Where can I find you? How should I ask you? Where should I begin from? I sometimes wonder, do we think of each other at the same time? Sounds interesting…huh! Am I your favourite daydream? Do you know, how I love it when I catch you looking at me!!!      

Why do you want to be so discreet about me? Is it some Earth-shattering secret? Or do you think, it is hopeless because you don’t seem to have a chance with me? Although we never said it to each other, we both knew it all. People say some things are better left unsaid because the feelings have a way to join all the dots in your life. And, at the end, all the broken pieces have a story to tell which weaves magic. We just have to believe.

Lucy lived on with those jig-saw pieces of her life, figuring out, how to bring them together to make it a complete sensible picture. She wanted to make the whole world envy her and her beliefs. The wait never bothered her and she continued to build castles in the air. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured post

Until We Meet Again!

It was the last day in the city, the place where I grew up and her 1 st day at work. She came running down to bid her final lines of fa...